When to Seek Professional Help
While removing a stuck ring yourself may seem like a quick and easy solution, there are times when it is best to seek professional help. Here are some situations where you should avoid attempting to remove the ring yourself:
- If the ring is cutting off circulation to your finger, causing it to turn blue or purple.
- If your finger is swollen, injured or infected.
- If the ring is stuck due to a pre-existing medical condition, such as arthritis.
- If the ring is made of a precious metal, such as platinum or gold.
In these situations, attempting to remove the ring yourself could cause further damage to your finger or the ring itself. Instead, it is best to seek the help of a professional jeweler.
What to Expect from a Professional Jeweler
A professional jeweler has the expertise and tools needed to safely remove a stuck ring. Here are some things to expect when seeking the help of a professional:
- The jeweler will examine your finger and the ring to determine the best course of action.
- The jeweler may use a special lubricant or cutting tool to remove the ring.
- If the ring cannot be removed without cutting it, the jeweler will explain the process and ask for your permission before proceeding.
- After the ring has been removed, the jeweler may offer to clean and inspect it for any damage.
Remember, seeking the help of a professional jeweler is always a safer option than attempting to remove a stuck ring yourself.